Currently available in Australia and New Zealand.
The right coolant is vital for your engine’s performance. Beyond simply providing boil and freeze protection, it can affect the life of your engine.
PG Platinum is a NAPS free coolant which means it contains no nitrites, amines, phosphates, or silicates. These compounds are perceived by many global OEMs to have an undesirable effect on the environment and make it more difficult to maintain coolant additive levels.
PG Platinum is a propylene glycol coolant. Propylene Glycol is recognized as non-hazardous, non-poisonous and is “generally recognized as safe” by the Federal Drug Administration (USA). As such, it is commonly used in medicine, cosmetics and food products.
PG Platinum offers you greater savings because of the longer life expectancy of the coolant and simplified servicing and maintenance, keeping time and labor costs down.
PG Platinum is the right coolant choice for you, your engine and your environment.
PG Platinum For You
PG Platinum For Your Engine
- Safer to handle; no dangerous goods class & no poison schedule number
- Propylene Glycol (PG) has a lower toxicity than conventional Ethylene Glycol (EG)
- Easy to use since PG Platinum is compatible with all other coolants
- Available in pre-mix for ease of maintenance and best performance
- Simple to use test strips monitor glycol, pH, nitrite and molydate levels, providing easy detection of dilution, the presence of foreign coolants and deterioration of the coolant
PG Platinum For Your Environment
- Extended service lifetime coolant with 500,000 kilometers (6,000 hour) service intervals
- With proper system maintenance, PG Platinum is a 1.5 million kilometer (20,000 hour) life-of-engine product
- Contains proprietary scale inhibitors which prevent scale formation on hot metal surfaces
- Advanced liner pitting and corrosion protection
- Advanced aluminum and solder protection which prevents corrosion and erosion damage
- Approved for all diesel, petrol, LPG and natural gas engines and suitable for engines using biodiesel
- Compatible with chemical-free ESI water filters
- 2-Ethylhexanoic (2-EH) acid free formulation compatible with all gaskets, elastomers and other non-metallics in the engine, such as silicon seals and hoses
Monitor Your Cooling System
- Improved environmental (NAPS free) formulation meets global OEM specifications for containing no nitrites, amines, phosphates, borates or silicates
- No HAZCHEM code
- No EPA spill reporting (of new coolant)
Restore Your Cooling System
- At 500,000 kilometers (6,000 hour) intervals, use the PG Platinum 4-way test kit (CC36089) to check coolant quality in the field and refortify your coolant as needed with PG Platinum Extender (CC36091)
- Use the refractometer (CC36090) to easily determine propylene glycol content
Any Engine, Anywhere
- Cummins Filtration recommends cooling system cleaning
- Restore (CC2610) removes oil and grease
- Use Restore Plus (CC2638) to also remove rust, corrosion, scale and solder bloom
- PG Platinum meets or exceeds the performance requirements of:
- TMC RP-330 (PG)
- ASTM D-6210 (EG & PG)
- ASTM D-3306 (EG & PG)
- Waukesha® 4-1974D
- Cummins® SB 3666132
- Cummins® CES 14603
- Detroit Diesel® 7SE298
- John Deere® 8650-5
- Case New Holland®
- Navistar® CEMSB-1
- Freightliner® 48-22880
- MACK® 014617004
- EMD M.I. 1784E
- MAN® 324 SNF
- DAF® Standard MAT 74002