Cummins

Share

Share page with AddThis
  Print 
Our Beginning
Cummins Filtration began in 1958 as a single filter production line developed by Cummins Engine Company to meet the high performance requirements of Cummins diesel engines. Then known as the Seymour Filter Company, the facility was located in Seymour, near the Cummins headquarters in Columbus, Indiana. Production in those early years consisted of two employees sewing together cloth-bag lube-oil filters. In 1963, the company changed its name to Fleetguard, the brand that became the cornerstone for the diesel engine filtration industry. In 2006, the company name was again changed to Cummins Filtration, though our products still bear the Fleetguard name to stand strong in the global aftermarket. Nearly sixty years after the first bag filters were sewn, Cummins Filtration is the technology leader in filtration products for heavy-duty diesel engines with a global presence on six continents and over 4,000 employees.




History of Innovation
From the very beginning of our company, Cummins Filtration has led the industry with innovative products designed to increase vehicle uptime, optimize engine performance, reduce environmental impact and provide longer life for equipment to protect the owner's investment. Today, Cummins Filtration holds over 200 active global patents for product technology and we continue to push the envelope of design and performance. Through the years, Cummins Filtration has won industry and customer awards for our product technology, including advancements such as our proprietary NanoNet® and StrataPore® medias, advanced Venturi nozzle design on lube filtration systems, patented Spiratec™ technology which has taken centrifugal filtration efficiency to new levels, and our complete line of open and closed crankcase ventilation systems which have helped major OEMs meet ever-increasingly tough emission regulations.

 

Home